Thanksgiving Meal Prep Safety Tips to Prevent Disaster
Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and that means grocery shopping, cooking, and meal prepping for the big feast! What is your favorite holiday dish? RMC’s favorite meal is one that is safely prepared and served.
Cooking is the leading cause of home fires in the United States and Thanksgiving is number one day of the year with reported home fires.
Here are some holiday meal prep safety tips to keep you, your family, your coworkers and employees and your homes and businesses safe and healthy this year.
- Always wash your hands before handling any food, utensils or surfaces in your kitchen or break room. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Check that your kitchen or break room has a properly running plumbing and garbage disposal system to avoid clogs and damage by not pouring hot grease down the drain or over heating the garbage disposal.
- Do not leave a stove on unattended, if you need to leave the cooking area, turn it off.
- Do not attempt to fry turkeys indoors.
- Check smoke alarms in all rooms of your home or business.
If you happen to make a mistake, or an accident occurs and you become a victim of a kitchen fire, make sure you call RMC immediately at 1-800-400-5058, or Contact Us, we will have a team dispatched to you right away to begin the necessary steps to allow to you continue enjoying your holidays.
For more food and safety tips to share with your friends, family and coworkers visit the links below: