Smoke Restoration Near Me?
Was your business a victim of an appliance fire? Did you have a tenant break their lease and smoke inside of your property? Were you recently in a county that experienced a wildfire?
While all these circumstances are incredibly unfortunate, you must be proactive if you do not want the off-putting smell of smoke to permanently damage your belongings, structure, or even health. Don’t get caught searching “smoke restoration near me” when time matters the most. Have property restoration specialists on stand by for when a fire or smoke-related emergency may occur.
What do Smoke Restoration Specialists do?
Smoke Restoration Specialists will use a combination of strategies to restore your property or business back to its pre-loss condition including:
1. Removing the source
2. Cleaning the affected area(s)
3. Recreating the penetration of the odoriferous molecule (malodor)
4. Sealing/encapsulating the space
Fire or smoke damage requires expertise in removing debris, shoring and bracing, board-up, and tarping for safety. A light coating of soot may seem harmless, giving the impression that any cleaning company could help your property. However, the soot could be permanently embedded if it is cleaned improperly by a company that does not specialize in these four techniques.
When is Smoke Damage Dangerous?
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has identified over 1200 toxic gasses associated with structure fires. When you choose to contact a smoke remediation specialist vs. a cleaning company, the specialists will be able to assess if the smoke at your property is toxic and create a plan to properly eliminate the threat.
How do you know if smoke is toxic? Burning plastics, leathers, and cleaning chemicals are just a few of many common items that may cause this toxic smoke. If any belongings or goods burned on your property, please treat the smoke as if it is already toxic. Wait for first-responders to tell you it is okay to enter your property and wear proper PPE to avoid exposure.
When should I call about my Smoke Remediation Project?
The longer you wait, the more the smoke will set in causing staining and embedding.
- Within minutes: acid soot and residue can cause plastics, marble, and alabaster to yellow.
- Within hours: the smoke can stain grout, countertops, refrigerators, furniture, and tarnish unfinished metals.
- Within days: wood furniture will require refinishing, vinyl flooring will need to be replaced, and upholstery/clothing becomes soot-stained.
- Within weeks: glass, crystal, china, and silver plating can require replacement due to prolonged exposure causing etching and pitting.
For this reason, you should call an emergency restoration response company immediately to save on costs of damage and repair services.
What Services Will Property Restoration Specialists Provide?
When you contact property restoration specialists like Restoration Management Company, they will provide the following services during a smoke and fire restoration project.
- Smoke and protein odor removal
- Corrosion control
- Ozone treatment
- Document drying
- Art restoration
- Contents pack-out service
- Contents restoration and refinishing
- Electronics cleaning
- Ultrasonic cleaning
All of these services are important when restoring your business or property back to its pre-loss condition. Consider contacting RMC at 1-800-400-5058 and find out how you could have an emergency services company on standby 24/7.