Free Disaster Preparation Class
When a disaster strikes it may be several days before emergency services arrive in your neighborhood. Santa Clara County is hosting an online class to help prepare families and local business owners during these times.
Be Ready: Be Prepared!
- Learn about bay area disaster risks, how to make a plan and prepare for a disaster, and how to stay informed during and after the disaster.
- Learn about important communication systems and how to communicate with your support network during and after a disaster.
Participants will also learn:
Bay Area Risks & Emergency Procedures
- Disaster risks within the SF Bay Area
- Emergencies Procedures on how to respond
- Impacts on Infrastructure & Communities
Make A Plan
- Develop a Communication Plan & Support Network
- Evacuation Planning
- Pet Preparedness
- ReadySCC Application
- Home Inventory
- L.I.F.E. File
Get A Kit
- Disaster supply kit for the home
- “Go Kit” and vehicle supply kit
- Register to receive emergency alerts (AlertSCC)
- How to access information during and after a disaster
Calling 9-1-1 in an Emergency
- Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) aka Dispatch Centers
- Understand Phone technology differences when calling 9-1-1
- Text to 9-1-1: Call if you can. Text if you can’t.
PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)
- Prepare for a possible PSPS
- Medical Baseline Program