Superintendents are responsible for simultaneously managing the production of multiple construction
(repair) projects that are generally outsourced to subcontractors. This position is responsible for
collaborating with subcontractors in determining scope of work and price negotiations. This position
reports directly to the Branch Manager or Regional Operations Manager and interfaces regularly with
other departments as required.
Core responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with adjusters, customers, co-workers and contractors – articulating scope of work, expectations, timelines.
- Assist with negotiating pricing, confer and obtain approval to proceed from Branch Manager and/or Regional Operations Manager.
- Oversee work performed by subcontractors to ensure work performed as agreed to and to customer satisfaction.
- Develop means of tracking and monitoring subcontractor work; follow-up regularly and update job records.
- Work with Regional Project Managers or Project Directors to develop budgets and schedules for repair projects.
- Gather, review, and submit all documents and work orders in order to bill in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update job budgets and schedules.
- Schedule subcontractors to perform work on the jobs.
- Evaluate subcontractor performance, report deficiencies, and address corrective actions.
- Obtain permits through local agencies as necessary
- Completing paperwork and billing promptly
- Support the Company’s safe workplace policies and practices and promotes adherence.