The position of Safety Specialist is responsible for creating, enacting, and maintaining the companys job safety programs as it relates to safety in the workplace. This includes educating and training employees on local, state, and federal health and safety regulations as well as the companys established standards and procedures
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and performing daily site audits (field and company facilities).
- Identify, document, track and report corrective actions of unsafe site conditions resulting from site audits.
- Process, verify and validate injury reporting, ensuring OSHA regulations and company protocols are followed.
- Collaboration with branch management and supervision in assessing incidents and near misses.
- Conduct investigative root cause analysis and prepare reports accordingly.
- Assist in gathering, documenting, and monitoring workers compensation claim.
- Prepare safety related reports utilizing Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Provide basic data entry support for purposes of maintaining accurate employee records.
- Conduct employee safety training for accident prevention, proper use of equipment, as well as educating employees on best safe workplace practices, etc.
- Maintain partnerships with NorCal branch management/supervision for the purposes of identifying training needs and addressing corrective actions.
- Ensure policies are maintained current and meet local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist safety manager in delivering and ensuring adherence to company established policy.