We are looking for a professional and responsible Safety Officer to support and facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. You will provide advice and training measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be proactive in monitoring potential safety violations.
The ideal candidate will be largely focused on safety education and prevention. The safety officer is detail-oriented and prepared to act in emergencies.
Core responsiblities for this position are as follows but are not limited to;
- Promotes and communicates daily health & safety topics to company employees
- Establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health & safety.
- Schedule safety training to conform with industry standards (in compliance with state, federal and local regulations).
- Educate management in mandatory safety and health work practices applicable to their job positions.
- Daily enforcement of safety & health procedures and policies. Reviews company branch locations and vehicles for compliance.
- Conduct risk assessments and identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using personal protective equipment) through scheduled & random jobsite visits.
- Train and partner with management for full accountability and compliance. In accordance with our company IIPP, this may include removing personnel foundviolating or refusing to follow safe work practices.
- Review existing programs and protocols and update them according to legislation and best practices.
- Manage first aid and injury issues, including local medical treatment.
- Manage & control open industrial claims to help reduce and maintain an acceptable experience modification rating.
- Actively engage in dialogue with WC insurance provider & the company’s insurance broker.
- Maintain active dialogue and enforce company policies with temporary labor working on company projects.
- Adhere to Building-Safety Compliance at each branch location.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that are dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine cause.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.