The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of multiple jobs at various phases, from start to completion. This position is responsible for directing various field personnel, including Superintendents, Project Coordinators and Lead Technicians during the production phase of jobs. The Operations Manager is required to interface with other departments within the company.
Core responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Thoroughly inspects on-going jobs and provides status updates or recommendations to the project management team (Project Director, Project Manager, Account Executive, Division Manager and/or Lead Technician depending on department/division).
- Prepare and review budgets, schedules, work orders, and project reports to ensure project completion at RMC standards.
- Oversees projects to ensure project is being carried out according to scope, established timeline as well as industry and company standards.
- Conducts bi-weekly file review meetings with Superintendent to ensure project visibility.
- Schedules weekly/bi-weekly production meetings with key stakeholders to ensure solid communication throughout project.
- May be responsible for oversight of department vehicles which includes maintaining vehicles to company standards, scheduling regular maintenance, reporting damages, and coordinating repairs.
- Communicate effectively with clients, customers, co-workers, supervisors, management, contractors, and subcontractor.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure seamless operations execution, reinforcing positive morale, and upholding company values.
- Tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers where possible, and resolves issues of medium complexity to ensure work can be completed as directed.
- Expedite the completion of the job by visiting projects regularly and supplying needed support to Superintendents, and technicians, as necessary.
- Collaborate with entire RMC team to develop better, more effective processes.
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
- Works with Superintendent and Project Coordinator in gathering and reviewing all documents like daily work orders, requests for information, timecards, etc, for prompt completion and timely billing.
- Review all contracts, daily work orders, requests for information, timecards, etc., and complete paperwork promptly.
- Supports the Company’s safe workplace policies and practices and promotes adherence.
- May be required to provide instruction and training to crew relative to safety requirements.
- Adhere to policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) for specialize services required under this branch/division.
- NOTE: Operations Managers in the Specialty Building Services Division are responsible for oversight and management of the Inventory Room.