The Lead Technician III must be able to lead a large team of technicians through each phase of the project from the initial stage to completion. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and could be co-managed by the Project Manager and/or Branch Manager of that location. Interfacing with other departments within the company will be required.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders including Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Supervisor and Project Coordinator for purposes of discussing matters relative to project schedules, changes in scope of work, material, and personnel resources to ensure smooth completion of project.
- Perform and/or direct staff to perform necessary tasks to help expedite the completion of the job, which may include but is not limited to: Pickup and order materials, moving client contents, performing necessary repairs at the highest quality while adhering to code regulations and industry standards.
- Lead a group of 8 or more technicians, providing supervision and direction based on defined job parameters.
- Oversee and ensures maintenance of company assigned vehicles and restock supplies as necessary.
- Completes and turn in crew sheets and job notes at the end of each day.
- Serves as role model in following and enforcing company policy and safety procedures while performing services.
- Assist in development of technicians through mentoring, coaching, equipping, and encouraging development of skills.
- Assists in jobsite safety briefings, provides training within scope of knowledge.
- May act as company Site Safety Representative, applies knowledge of industry standards, safety training and understanding of company policies in enforcing safety guidelines.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of completed timecards, ensuring timecards are submitted in a timely and accurate manner, ensure crew members do the same.
- Turn in completed work orders, which may include, but is not limited to: measurements, moisture readings, and necessary detailed paperwork for Project Manager to complete billing.
- Maintains trade skills through regular training, as provided by company.
- Continues building knowledge of company services, operations, and standard practices to support individual professional growth.