The Lead Technician I must be able to lead each phase of the mitigation and/or environmental project from the initial stage to completion. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and could be co-managed by the Project Manager and/or Branch Manager of that location. Interfacing with other departments within the company may be required.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders including Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Supervisor and Project Coordinator for purposes of discussing matters relative to project schedules, changes in scope of work, material, and personnel resources to ensure smooth completion of project.
- Perform necessary tasks to help expedite the completion of the job, including but not limited to: Pickup and order materials, moving client contents, performing necessary repairs at the highest quality while adhering to code regulations and industry standards.
- Lead a small group of technicians, providing supervision and direction based on defined job parameters.
- Maintaining company assigned vehicle and restock supplies as necessary.
- Complete and turn in crew sheets and job notes at the end of each day.
- Serve as role model in following and enforcing company policy and safety procedures while performing services.
- Assist in development of technicians through mentoring, coaching, equipping, and encouraging development of skills.
- Assist in jobsite safety briefings, providing training within scope of knowledge.
- Complete timecards in a timely and accurate manner, ensure crew members do the same.
- Turn in completed work orders including but not limited to: measurements, moisture readings, and necessary detailed paperwork for Project Manager to complete billing.
- Maintain trade skills through regular training, as provided by company.
- Continue building knowledge of company services, operations, and standard practices to support individual professional growth.