Pay range: $24.53 to $30.66 per hour (DOE)
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
• Researches, analyzes, and evaluates customer accounts prior to initiating debtor contact.
• Performs collection calls and follow-up with customers as needed.
• Handles dispute resolution with customers, establishes payment schedules where necessary.
• Responsible for collection activity, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and timely payment posting.
• Manages all collection activities to ensure bad debt is minimized and DSO is within company
• Performs all collection related activity including sending late notices, calling customers, and
engaging in direct collection activities.
• Manages customer accounts, Tracks, and report on status of customer collections accounts
• Communicates and negotiates with outside agencies for the collection of bad debt write-offs.
• Performs all administrative duties related to ensuring collections documents are properly stored and
• Identifies and proactively implements collection methods that consistently lead to achieving or
exceeding company/department goals.
• Partners and communicates effectively with internal departments to ensure a balance of customer
relationships and service with obtaining collections for services rendered.
• Assure timely and accurate data entry into accounting and related databases.
• Perform special collections projects as needed and directed by Sr. Collections Manager.
• Make recommendations for account escalations and collaborate with other departments, as
• Maintain accurate customer information in all databases.
• Update finance related excel spreadsheets.
• Communicates to ensure the accounting manager remains consistently informed and up to date on
all accounting matters.
• Perform confidential administrative tasks and research and complete special projects upon request.
• Organization and electronic filing of accounting & financial documents.
• Confidentiality of proprietary business information.