The Billing Clerk is responsible for supporting and coordinating the day-to-day administrative tasks of the Central Billing Department. This position provides support to managers, supervisors, and other employees in order to ensure that all interactions between the department and others are positive and productive. The Billing Clerk is responsible for processing several tasks or requests simultaneously as well as perform data entry in support of the departments invoicing activity. This position reports directly to the Billing Supervisor.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Maintains database files pertinent to department operations, ensuring timely and accurate data entry.
- Performs data entry, ensuring accuracy and completeness of records.
- Researches and obtains information for routine and moderately complex report and special assignments.
- Analyzes and interprets information relative to projects/assignments and reports findings.
- Prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence, and department communications at direction of manager or supervisor.
- May act as coordinator of departmental projects, following up on pending details, coordinating project team activities – reporting findings to manager/supervisor.
- Answers phone calls and responds to general inquiries or forwards to appropriate staff member(s) for handling.
- Serves as point of contact for staff and key stakeholders.
- Carries out general administrative tasks (i.e. filing, preparing correspondence from draft, scanning, copying, and collating).