The Accounts Payable position is responsible for handling and processing various financial tasks on behalf of the organization, including the preparation of reports for tax purposes, maintaining current accounts verifying accuracy, reconciling payments and invoicing, and ensuring costs are assigned to proper jobs and cost centers. This position may also be required to work directly with vendors to resolve invoicing issues.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Charges expenses to jobs, accounts, and cost centers by analyzing invoices and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, and preparing checks.
- Processes weekly time and labor data related to company’s large temporary staffing workforce.
- Coordinates with temporary staffing agencies to ensure timecards and invoices are accurate and paid timely.
- Reviews and approves employee AMEX reports through Concur software – checking for appropriate cost account and department, receipts are attached, and expense is reasonable.
- Processes monthly vendor payments and company related costs.
- Processes and pays check requests as needed.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related duties as needed.