The recent Colorado wildfires has caused an estimated $513 million in damage and has destroyed approximately 1000 homes and buildings. Our thoughts are with all who have been affected by this catastrophe.
With the elevated threat of wildfires being at an all time high, we would encourage you to read this guide to home wildfire preparation.
- Flammable objects should always be kept at least 30 feet away from your home or structure.
- Keep the top of homes or buildings clear of any dry or natural debris, leaves, pine needles etc.
- Remove trees, branches or plants that exceed an overhang of 10 feet over your home or structure.
- Install 1/8-inch metal mesh screens over vents and under decks to prevent ashes and embers igniting fires.
- Go to firewise.org or livingwithfire.info to learn more