Is your property prepared for winter?
Is your property prepared for a costly winter catastrophe? Severe winter weather can cause:
- Damaged or collapsed roofs
- Bursting pipes
- Ice dams
- Fallen trees
- Power failure
So what can you do to prepare?
- Check your home’s heating system. Is it fully ready, recently serviced and operational for winter?
- Paint, caulk and seal exterior wood to avoid loss of heat
- Seal your masonry and hard surfaces so moisture doesn’t creep in
- Check your drainage – are they clear?
- Clean your gutters so they are able to do their job.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and keep spare batteries on hand.
Whether you are ready or not, winter elements can strike at any time. Your best bet is to be prepared, but our restoration response team is ready when you need us 24/7. Contact us at 1.800.400.5058 or visit www.RMC.com