Fire Season Supply Kit Checklist
During an evacuation, it becomes difficult to remember what supplies you may need to take with you. Prep this emergency supply kit in advance and follow these car preparation tips if your area becomes in danger. Remember, your safety is what matters most, so please listen to authorities when they ask you to evacuate and do not wait to leave the area.
Evacuation Supply Kit Checklist
- Face masks or coverings
- Three-day supply of non-perishable food and three gallons of water per person
- Prescriptions or special medications
- Change of clothing
- Extra eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Credit cards, cash, or traveler’s checks
- First aid kit, Flashlight, Battery-powered or crank radio, and extra batteries
- Sanitation supplies
- Copies of important documents (birth certificates, passports, etc.)
- Pet Food, leashes, water bowls (if applicable)
- Chargers, Power Banks
Prepare Your Vehicle
- Pack your Emergency Supply Kit in your vehicle.
- Have at least TWO evacuation routes mapped out on physical maps in case GPS service is affected.
- Back your car into the driveway with vehicle loaded and all doors and windows closed.
- Carry your car keys with you.
- Don’t wait for an evacuation order if you feel threatened
Always keep a sturdy pair of shoes and a flashlight near your bed and handy in case of a sudden evacuation at night.